Your health, and the ongoing health of our communities and the environment, is a topic that never leaves our radar. Beyond our sourcing practices, our daily business operations provide many opportunities to reduce our footprint, whether it is through conserving valuable inputs such as energy and water, or reducing and diverting various outputs including recyclable, organic and landfill waste.
Here’s what we’re doing to make a difference:
DISPOSABLE PACKAGING & PAPER PRODUCTS
- Reusable “To Go” Containers and Lug a Mug Programs with discounts and free refill events to reduce packaging and encourage sustainable practices
- Green Packaging Programs - transitioning to items that are recyclable, compostable, and/or made from recycled or renewable materials.
- Organization wide conversion to 100% compostable, chlorine free, EcoLogo certified (UL Environment) napkins
- One-at-a-time dispensers helping to reduce napkin usage by over 25%.
- Foam Free - we have reduced our Styrofoam usage by over 73%, saving millions of plates, bowls and containers from reaching landfill every year
- Organization wide conversion to Daily Green Cleaning program - includes ware washing, all purpose*, glass*, floor cleaners*, and hand soap*. (* Green Seal certified products).
- Blue Water-Based Cleaning Technology - using electrically activated water (EAW) in place of chemicals to safely clean most floors, carpets and hard surface areas.
ENERGY & WATER CONSERVATION
- Energy Star and energy/water saving equipment sourced wherever available
- Conversion to low flow pre-rinse spray valves in kitchen facilities
- Ongoing staff training, engagement and recognition programs
Recycling & Composting
- Recycling 100% of fryer oil
- Separation of cans, plastic, glass and cardboard for diversion to recycling streams
- Composting of food waste where programs and facilities exist (onsite and offsite); Partnering with our clients in implementing and expanding organic waste composting programs
- Implementation of our Food Waste Reduction program across all foodservice locations – helping to measure, track and reduce food waste by up to 30%!
- “I Sort it Out” Educational Campaign - improves signage and bin systems for our customers to encourage proper separation and diversion of waste.