This is a quick full body circuit that you can do in your own living room with very little space and no equipment. It should take you about 10 minutes to repeat the circuit 3 times.
Couch Split Squats
- Place your right foot on a couch or chair with the sole of your foot facing up.
- Bring your left foot away from the couch so your right leg is at a 45 degree angle.
- Bend your left knee, making sure that the knee doesn’t go past your toes.
- Straighten the left leg to starting position, repeat and then switch legs.
- Stand straight up and jump with arms extended.
- Bend at the knees to place hands flat on the ground.
- Jump your legs back to the push up position.
- Bring your chest 2 inches from the ground and keep your elbows in.
- Push yourself back up and repeat.
Side-to-Side Ab Jumps
- Start in the push up position, with your hands shoulder-width apart
- Jump your feet to the outside of your right hand.
- Jump back to the push up position.
- Jump your feet to the outside of your left hand.
- Sit on the couch or chair, place your hands at the edge and slide your feet out until you're holding yourself up with your arms and your legs are straight.
- Slowly bend your elbow to a 90 degree angle.
- Push back up into starting position using your arms.
Special thanks to...
Eric Williamson - Dietetic intern, Certified Personal Trainer with Kinesiology (BAs) and Nutrition and Dietetics (BSc) degrees.